Friday, December 29, 2006

Friday All Week Long!

Hello!
Illustration Friday: "Peace"


So, I started doing Illustration Friday waaaaaaay back in February. I have seen 42 (wow, magic number. I love you DNA!) IF subjects and managed to illustrate 21 of them. Exactly half... that's crazy (Note; as I'm writing this, I have not yet completed this weeks. But I will, by god! I will!).
My point is I want to illustrate some of the topics I skipped.

So here are the IFs from the last two weeks.

Illustration Friday 12/8: "Help"
This one I had done on time but didn't post a blog that week.
Side One:

Side Two:



Illustration Friday 12/15: "mask"
This one I did just after the deadline. I couldn't get the inspiration that I needed until way late. I was not going to go this traditional route. Or at least I was trying not to. But when I doodled this image, thinking of IF, and then painted it I had to use it. Even if it is cliche, I'm happy, really happy, with the way it came out.




Now some that are way old!

4/07: "speed"
This one I took the photos for right around the time of the topic. I'm not sure way I didn't post them... Maybe I didn't do a post that week... I also know that I've felt a little self conscious about posting photos in the past. It sees that the IF community looks down on photographers. The don't even have a category for them... Ho hum.




Hey, does anybody know how to make the picture a little animation? But rapid changing from one to the next? Am I making any sense at all? Anyway if you understand me and you do know how, I'd like to know, too. It would be a more effective illo if it was rapid fire!

8/4: "capture"
Here is another photo entry.


8/25: "run"
I love to draw these clunky disembodied legs and shoes. I don't know why.


10/13: "smitten"
I'm COMPLETELY smitten with Toots the cat.
Sketch from the first time that we met.

Drawing from a recent photo.

Almost all her fur is growing back!

Here's a photo of me and toots together. I can not get enough of this cat!!


So there you have it! Seven IFs for the seven days until the next MX blog.
Enjoy!

Love and Rayguns,
-mo

ps- I did finish "peace" before friday but only by the skin of my teeth and then I got distracted and didn't post it in time for the deadline . Damn!

2 Comments:

Blogger Robdraw.com said...

Hi, I read your distress signal for animated files. so here it goes. 1.create a layered file in photoshop.

2.treat each layer as a frame.

3.open saved layered file in the image ready application.

4.click "window" from top menu bar and pick "animation"from the drop down menu.

5. click the black triangle button at the top right corner of the animation window.

6. click "make frames from layers.
once your layers are frames press the play button in animation window to test animation.

7. when complete click the black triangle at the top right of the animation window. again and click optimize animation. then "file" , save as optimized. the file name should end in .gif
8. open safari and open the gif file to see how it runs on the web.

Note: the thing with gif files is the speed of the animation is effected by the speed of the internet people are viewing it on. the larger the image the slower it goes. also i think you need a frame in your train animation where there is no train at all in order for it to look like it's going by.I hope this helps
also also i like the walk run drawing.

9:23 PM, January 01, 2007  
Blogger Jublin said...

yes! illustration fridays! good looking out mo. I have you to thank for that discovery. I haven't been doing them either, but i swear i'm gonna start getting my head in the game because i have been such a lazy bum lately. Help!

5:19 PM, January 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home