Saturday, February 18, 2006

Another Friday (week four)




Hello!
It has been a busy week!
Valentine's Day was great and my birthday was wonderful!
Mostly because of Candice. Also because my friends are so wonderful. (particularly Chris and Kimberly, but also everyone who went out of their way to call or send a card or wish me a good birthday or send some good vibes my way.) Thanks to everyone! And happy birthday to you all when it is your turn!


So as for art work, I have been doing quite a bit. I am trying to master my digital camera. I'm not really succeeding. Candice and I went out on the 16th around Williamsburg and took photos of graffiti and interesting neighborhood things. Some of them came out ok. Mostly what I seem to be good at it taking very moodily lit, sultry pictures of Bippi. I'm good at those. I also took that sultry, moodily lit picture of tulips you see above.




















This month on the drawing board (http://drawingboard.org/) there is a Wonder Woman "jam". Everyone does their interpretation of Wonder Woman. Here are mine.












And Just to throw some Madam X in to the mix. Here is one of the first Madam drawings (circa 2002). Madam had already taken form in this one, but, as you can see Sawl was still in the early stages of development. He came a long way in personality and looks. I don't think he looks as nervous or as studious in this picture. He doesn't seem intelligent here. Madam X was always very tough even though her appearance changed over time. In the beginning I also toyed with her having a very open personal life. A side that the audience saw even if the other characters did not. Now I realize that she lets very few people in and even that takes a long time (for reader and for friends). It seems to me that Cat was always Cat but Madam X and Sawl took some tweaking. I thought y'all might like to see what they grew up from. I have a few more preliminary sketches hanging around but I will save them for another time.

Don't forget the Madam X Newsletter comes out next week! If you want to sign up to receive it just contact me (via the comments section of this blog or my email address). The same goes for questions comments or requests.


Until next week cats and kittens,
-mo

ps- Happy Birthday Alan!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home