Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Week Two!?

So, the internet went Batgirl crazy this January. A lot of artists that I follow did their own version of the lady Bat. Here is mine.




And another take.


Also, My friend Finkenstein, aka littleegypt, (www.jessfink.com) started a gay boys thread over at the drawing board.
http://www.drawingboard.org/viewtopic.php?t=40341. If you scroll down you will see a Cat avatar and that's me. If you can't see them or you would rather see them here in this venue, contact me.

Lately, people have noticed the dedication in Madam X: The Hunt issue one. That issue was dedicated to Tia Carrere. Many people have been confused by this and have asked "What's all this about Tia Carrere?". Now, I have always been a fan of hers, but from 1999-2002 she starred in a little show called Relic Hunter, and I might say, iced the cake. I thought she was also a producer or something but, no, she had no other (credited) influence on the show. Relic Hunter was close on the tail of the Tomb Raider video game craze. Tia played Sydney Fox, a hot professor by day and a hot treasure seeker by night (think Indiana Jones, b/c she basically is Indiana Jones). It was quite a terrible show. But the best kind of terrible! Now people are saying "What does this have to do with Madam X?". Well, Tia Carrere and Relic Hunter were the inspiration for The Hunt story line! Madam X and Tia, two great ladies great together! (Oh jeez, I can just hear the dirty jokes now....). ps- congratulations, Tia, on the birth of your second child!

The first t shirt from Madamxandcrew T-Shirts is going to be Octo vs. City, but which one? Here are the three choices:




So far people seem to be leaning towards blackocto1. Here is what people are saying:

"Definitely the first one- he sort of looks like he's coming from back behind the buildings, I like that." -Kate

"As for the T-Shirts, my vote is # 1. I like the city structure..." -Hannah

Which would you prefer? Please email me your vote.

Until next week,
Love and Rayguns,
-mo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home